I’ve been tracking the transition of media and commerce to the Internet since the mid-1980s, when I received a Masters in Communications Management — a new field — at The Annenberg School of Communications at USC.
Along the way, I have helped many of the most innovative media companies, non-profits, ISPs and Telecom Companies, retailers, governmental entities and trade associations.
I have partnered with a number of research firms, including Arlen Communications, Borrell Associates, Find/SVP and Link Resources (IDC). My longtime association with BIA/Kelsey (“The Kelsey Group”), a leader in directional advertising research and strategy, began in 1997, when I started focusing more on local online commerce. As program director for The Marketplaces program, I am focused on best practices across niches and verticals.
Before I began my post graduate career, I did a lot of neat things. Just for fun, they include:
• Newspaper Delivery Boy, Gannett’s Reporter Dispatch
• Gopher, Electric Lady Studios (yes, Jimi Hendrix’s place)
• Sweepstakes Envelope Opener, Reader’s Digest
• Intern, ABC Radio Networks
• Free-lance Reporter, Billboard Magazine
• Record Store Sales, DiscoMat, Crazy Eddie’s and Tower Sunset
• Guy Friday, Metropolis Magazine
• Christmas “Executive,” Bloomingdale’s
• Copywriter, J. Walter Thompson Recruitment Advertising
You can learn more about the personal side of me on Facebook. Please feel free to write to me at peterkrasilovsky at gmail.com.